Boehmers (since 1875)
Ontario's premier block producer
established in 1875 by Reinhardt Boehmer in the Town of Berlin,
(now Kitchener) is the second oldest business in the region. The
Boehmer family owned and operated the company until 1968 when it
was sold to long time employee Milt Good under the name of M. R.
Good Holdings Ltd.
In 1973, St. Lawrence Cement purchased the
company and operated all of the divisions (ready mix concrete,
heating and cooling services, fuel oil and concrete block),
again retaining the Boehmers name. In a strategic decision late
in 2002, St. Lawrence decided to divest the company of all
non-core products. Long term employee and Boehmers General
Manager, Paul Hargest decided to jump at the opportunity and
successfully bid on the Block Division. Ownership changed to the
newly formed Hargest Block Ltd. at the end of 2003 but proudly
continues to operate under the Boehmers name.
block is now our only product, in all its various shapes, sizes
Our most important product however is service to
you our customer. Contact us for any of the products shown on
our web site.
plant and head office is now centrally located west of Cambridge
just off Highway 401 and serves all of Ontario.